Saturday 24 October 2020

Embracing Darkness

Entranced in the deepest sleep
Sinking deep into the sea of  darkness Ensconced in the deathly cold

But all the way feeling a warm mould

Didn't know why but my shattered soul was remold

The only price I've had to pay was to pledge myself to the devil's fold


And then lo and behold I was back in the world of the living

With a lingering hope that the heavens will now be forgiving

Ohh.. But what a fool I was

To think I would be spared from fate's malingering claws


Well.. Now I know my tainted soul could only live in the bowels of the tenebrous hell

"Well.. Damn you heavens see how well I live in hell"

Everyday I yearned , to make hell and heaven the same as one

One day it dawned heaven and hell were naught but pun


My darkened soul had given me power

Power that this strange pun couldn't overpower

To stand tall among the devil's and gods

For they were naught but elegant facades


But what of that sea of darkness

Was it the living world's harness

Why had it felt like my mother's caress..















No comments:

Post a Comment