Friday 23 October 2020

Indifferent

And there I was, panting and struggling

In a vortex of madness and depression

While there you were, bumbling and cackling

Oblivious to my suffering, with a cold     expression


All I wanted was someone to comfort

To take my addled mind into a warm embrace

But you only ever felt I was a disgrace

Why couldn't you see that I was just hurt


Now that I've persevered, it is a thing of the past

But a hint of that soreness has already grown a cast

My heart doth feel an aversion to love

And my mind oft question " Is what I know to be love really love "


Though my beliefs were shaken

I still abide and try to help and be kind

Cause I belive in happiness that cometh by following the heart

It has never been a question of right nor wrong

That was what I had gathered on mending my broken mind..

And now you call me heartless and cold?


You call me selfish and question my heart

To say that I am indifferent to suffering

When what you have suffered is akin to a minor scrape

Where were you when I was struggling to breathe

The thing that pulled me out was my calculating mind

It was the anchor to my drifting mind.


I get it that you couldn't see it

I get it that you can't stand me not seeing it

There's no fault of yours nor mine

But amidst these worlds of hurt where doth justice lie...

©shadownik




 

No comments:

Post a Comment